If you are addicted to Android, I’m pretty sure you can not imagine a phone without custom recoveries. When it comes to custom recoveries android, alias ClockWorkMod CWM should be your prior choice. What is more surprising is that the android phone Nokia recently launched Nokia X has no official port CWM byXDA developer dhacker29 greater. The CWM port for Nokia X is in beta and that means you have some errors too.
Also Read: Android Architecture
The CWM X Nokia has ported CyanogenMod builds and we can expect some ports for Nokia X CM hopeful. However, as Nokia X is to be a legacy Android device, many developments have been begun by him. So after installing CWM recovery on your Nokia X, you can flash custom ROMs, scripts, software packages, cores etc.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary drivers on your Windows PC. Drivers faster boot and USB drivers are required to complete this installation. If you do not have fast boot drivers, you can download it from here.
- Although this procedure does not hinder their files, backup your important data as a precaution.
- Follow the steps below at your own risk and or we are not be liable for any damage that may occur to the device.
How to Install CWM in Nokia X
- Download Nokia X CWM recovery from here.
- Now extract the fast boot folder anywhere on your computer and move the downloaded CWM image to the extracted folder.
- Connect your Nokia X to the computer.
- Now open a command prompt in the fast boot folder where you have copied the CWM image. If you are using Windows XP or older versions, you may need to install this tool and open command prompt by right clicking on the fast boot folder.
- Execute the following lines of commands each in command prompt. Replace “nameoftherecovery” in second step with the image name [name bofore .img extension]
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot -i 0x0421 flash recovery cwm-6028-normandy.img
If all drivers are installed correctly, the command will work fine and CWM recovery will be sent to the system. Disconnect the phone after seeing the message successfully and reboot to recovery check if the ClockWorkMod recovery installed correctly.
If the command displays error like “waiting fro device” which means that the adb drivers are not installed correctly. Install again. You can install the drivers for adb universal Koush or combined driver package and fast boot adb and try again.