Samsung’s Android Smartphones are one of the best selling and high-specced Smartphones in the mobile market. And Still Samsung updating its old smartphones with the newer Android OS for their customers. For now, Samsung has already planned and released an Android OS update for its old Galaxy S4 series phones with Android 5.0.1 Lollipop. But still Samsung Galaxy S4 T-Mobile users in U.S are waiting for their previous Android version update for 5.0.0 Lollipop.
In my point of view, Samsung released its Galaxy S6 series lineup Smartphones with Android 5.0.1 Lollipop and Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS in the market months before. And now we believe that the time for releasing its Galaxy S7 series lineup smartphones is coming soon. And moreover, we prefer that the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S7 series Smartphones should have Android 6.0 Marshmallow as the base OS version without any upgrades while coming into the box. While wondering at the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphones, the company released an OS update for their old Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphones with Android 5.0.1 Lollipop. This update is for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon, AT&T, Showbox apk , tweakbox app and Sprint version of Smartphones.
Also Read : Samsung Galaxy S4 Go Launcher
This update is not made for the Galaxy S4 T-Mobile and also Samsung have not made its previous Android 5.0 lollipop update for T-Mobile users in U.S. (T-Mobile users are like why Samsung made another Android update without giving the previous Android 5.0 update for us). So, for now, let’s look at How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone with Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone with Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.
- Turn your WiFi connection on for downloading and installing Android 5.0.1 Lollipop for your Samsung Galaxy S4. If you use Mobile Data connection it will cost you a lot for downloading the Update.
- After connecting to the Internet Connection. Open Settings from the Apps.
- Open Settings, Tap More tab in the upper right corner of the setting screen.
- Now Scroll to the bottom of the screen, there you will find the About Device option – Tap About Device option to view Software Update.
- After locating Software Update option – tap the option for checking new updates for your Galaxy S4 device.
- After Checking the new update, the new pop up menu will show you what is the recent Software Update available for installing on your device.
- Now tap the Update button for downloading and installing the newly released Software Update for your Samsung Galaxy S4 Android Smartphone.
- After Downloading the Software Update, the phone automatically restarts the phone and it will make a backup of your personal files like messages, contacts, and etc… Then it will install the new Android Software Update and restores the backup file created for your personal files.
If you are not rooted your Samsung Galaxy S4 device and waiting for the official Software update Release, Then the steps given above are for you. If you are rooted and using any Custom ROM’s that are not officially released by Samsung. then you can’t have this Software Update without unrooting your device.
Also Read : Best Smartphone under 300 dollars in 2015
It is not advisable for using custom made ROM’s for all Android devices because it is illegal and it’s against the terms and conditions of google and Samsung. Also other than this reasons you will experience some problems within official apps and third party apps while using custom made ROM’s. So don’t trash your precious smartphone with custom ROM’s and wait for the official release from the manufacturer side.